The Lehigh Valley Military Affairs Council (LVMAC) is seeking a part-time Executive Assistant for the Veterans Affairs Committee’s Healthcare in Our Community Task Force, an alliance of all the healthcare networks in our community aimed at improving the delivery of services to our military veterans. The complexity of the project has now risen to the level that demands on the time of participants is such that dedicated, dependable administrative assistance manpower is needed to assistance. If interested, apply immediately!
Job Purpose: The Executive Assistant ensures the efficient operation of the office and supports the work of the task force.
General Responsibilities and Duties: The Executive Assistant is directly responsible and accountable for those tasks assigned by the Co-Chairs of the Healthcare in Our Community Task Force. The general duties are:
- Performing general clerical tasks for the Task Force
- Assisting with the arrangement of Task Force meetings
- Assisting the Task Force on its projects and special events
- Assisting LVMAC Public Affairs when needed
- Assisting the LVMAC Treasurer and Finance Committee Chairperson when needed
- Assist the LVMAC Membership Committee Chairperson when needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Education and Experience: A two (2) year associate degree plus strong organizational, administrative and people skills are wanted. Experience with the military and/or the VA are desirable.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Types of Work Involved):
– Elementary project management skills
– Ability to communicate concepts and requirements orally and in writing, clearly
– Internal meeting and appointment scheduling
– Conference planning arrangements
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
– Preparation of Microsoft Powerpoint presentations
– Activity reports coordination
– Communications prioritization
– Meeting minutes recording
– Making and receiving telephone calls
– Preparing mailings and distributions (mail and email)
– Good Internet knowledge
– Professional appearance
– Ability to travel in a personal vehicle in the local area
– Ability to work a flexible schedule
Working Conditions: The individual will operate as an independent contractor to LVMAC. The primary work location will be in Allentown, but some tasks will take place at event locations. It is also contemplated that some task completion will take place at the residence of the contractor. Attendance at the primary location is required at least one day a week. Expected hours per month will typically be about 35 hours and total hours for the first year of the contract is expected to be 420 hours minimum. The ability to work a flexible but predetermined schedule is therefore required.
How to Apply: Resumes must be submitted no later than COB 7 April 2015 in electronic form to email@example.com.
As of 27 March 2015