Finally, after months and months of delay, the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry is advertising openly for someone to replace the Disabled Veterans Opportunity Program Counselor lost at the Lehigh Valley CareerLink in August 2018, due to retirement. If you are a veteran and wish to help our community’s veterans, and their spouses in certain instances, in gaining secure and good-paying employment upon return from service and for other reasons, this may be one of the best ways to do it. These civil service positions are federally funded under the U.S. Department of Labor’s US VETS program. Below are the details provided by Doug Monroe, the remaining veterans employment representative at the CareerLink:
Veterans Employment Representative 1
Salary : $37,986.00 – $57,233.00 Annually
Location: Lehigh County, PA
Job Type: Civil Service Permanent Full-Time
Department: Department of Labor & Industry
Job Number: CS-20190930-06370
!Closing: 4/16/2019 11:59 PM Eastern!
Job Code: 06370
Position Number: 00058810
Union: SEIU Local 668
Pay Group: ST05
Bureau/Division Code: 00120632
Bureau/Division: LI Pa Car Lnk Lehigh Vlly Alle
Worksite Address: 555 Union Blvd
Worksite Address: Suite 101
Zip Code: 18109
Contact Name: Eric Miller
Contact Phone: (717) 783-8860
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to assist veterans in Pennsylvania with finding a good job or promising career?
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a Veterans’ Employment Representative 1, you will serve as a Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program Specialist (DVOP) in a PA CareerLink(r) career center. You will provide employment services to disabled veterans as well as veterans facing significant barriers to employment.
Working as a DVOP, you can take pride in helping fellow veterans find and keep meaningful employment, and you can make a significant and positive difference in the lives of veterans in your community. Apply today!
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – three years of responsible public contact work in veterans’ affairs or employment service work; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: completion of service in a branch of the United States Armed Forces, separated with honorable conditions as outlined by Federal guidelines.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding veteran’s status, you may be instructed to upload documentation
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, visit our website at www.employment.pa.gov, or contact us at email@example.com.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans’ preference, and other items can be obtained from:
- Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
- Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107; Telephone (215) 560-2253
- Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219; Telephone (412) 565-7666
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
Agency: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Address: 613 North Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 17120
Douglas Monroe | Local Veterans Employment Respresentative/VER2
Bureau of Workforce Partnership and Operations
Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
555 Union Boulevard | Allentown, PA 18109
Ph: 610-841-1031 | 610-434-4122
Auxiliary aids and services are availavle upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
As of 2 April 2019